This is LIVE blogging and totally not every conversation or important topic!! – my personal notes & asidesIntroducing the planning committee and volunteers – time for some Kudos – Lots of developers and tech companies and government represented (what a wonderful mix!) – Loving the different shades of Orange as identifier color for the organizers… Very Very Nice Plan. Big thanks to Microsoft for hosting this conference – Nice Job!!
Time for Sponsor recognition – Big thanks to them too!
Time for a Group Activity…. wow – hope this isn’t a Student Activities #higherEd type group activity …
**** Stand if you agree with the question – I love that the crowd is talking back!!
- Android Fan or iPhone Fan?
- Fan of the Kindle STAND / iPad SIT
- one person uses the Kindle app on his phone
- Love that this guy uses the Kindle app on his iPad & iPhone
- Is it about the audience?
- SMS may have more longevity
Getting to know the people around you – Love that someone from Homeland Security is here to talk about mobile apps for first responders – Way to be thought / tech Forward!!
Dan Kasun, Sr. Director, Public Sector Developer & Platform Evangelism at Microsoft sharing why he feels this type of Summit is important
- Mobile technology has caused more global change than anything, of late
- Giving a voice to those who haven’t had a voice!
- Imagine Cup – let’s hear what current students come up with: http://www.imaginecup.com/
- Windows phone app – for caregivers in rural areas – cloud base solution to help them make decisions on where to go next
Keynote Panel Time: Katie Harbath, Associate Manager for Policy at Facebook / Courtney Sieloff, Senior Strategist at Revolution Messaging
- How mobile tech has been used in political campaigns and the future 2012 campaign
- How is Mobile different in relationship with politics?
- Most people assume is that the only choice is SMS – not getting what is available
- SMS doesn’t always get used to the best of its ability
- FEC is not allowing campaigns to raise $$ through tech
- Fundraising opportunities using SMS – but I don’t want to be hit up for $$
- more time intensive – late nights – hurry up to wait and then hurry up some more
- Data – hard to get people to start gathering Data – if you get that data you can explain “why their gut is wrong”… it can help you make your case
- hoping that the lead people start actually Utilizing Mobile in order to communicate – don’t stop the bus – straight communication with the people who are following them… straight from the staff level
- there are lots of tools out there but campaigns aren’t utilizing them to their fullest
- PHOTOS – a fun way to get people involved to let people Tag – connecting people – much more personal
- Reed Campaign did a great job using SMS to deliver messages to people who might not have been reached – the under-represented
- Brown Campaign
- Internal tools that a campaign might use i.e. Yammer – what are they using
- they try but there just isn’t the skill set – don’t we ALL feel that way
- FB groups that is invite only so that people can update and keep people involved
- SMS – but trying to talk them into using the technology
- What about Security?? Is that an issue
- a lot is the fear of the Unknown
- Latino voters – already use mobile and texting
- Older block of voters on the Republican side… they are just getting into the mobile (i.e. iPad, iPhone) – definitely jumping on the bandwagon!
- Under-represented may be difficult to reach … move frequently… may not have a computer in their home
- Young people – are used to mobile tech
- would like to see those big conversations that are happening but narrow them down to Where You Are (i.e. FourSquare) – if you are volunteering you can see who else are in the area
- A senate race… someone who is willing to take the risk
- About integration and make sure that everything works together
- PUSH notifications on the app was very good
- Apps – start more simple & testing of the mobile page to actually SEE what people are using and like!!
- Would be so much better if they reacted right away with a “oops” sort of thing – would that make you more Personal??
- “Running with Rudy” – behind the scenes of the campaign – instead of taking
- TONS of data
- Lots of work
- could this be through volunteers??
- look at what is out there – what was used during the last election… like Twitter Vote Report
- cameraplus and instagram
Time to head OFF to Sessions – I’m heading to: Intellectual Property Considerations & Strategies for Developing & Sustaining Mobile Technologies